3 Ways to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
The air in your home is the thing you count on regularly to keep you comfortable. A lack of airflow means there is nothing to help warm you up (or cool you down in the summer). However, the quality of the airflow in your home is going to be important too.
Perhaps you’ve had a sneaking suspicion that your indoor air quality in Columbus, OH hasn’t been as good as it should be. Strong, yes, but not good air. If this sounds familiar, then it may be time to add “improve the air in my home” to your New Year’s resolution list. And, great news, we can help you fulfill that goal.
Signs That Your Home’s Air Is Lacking
First things first, how do you know that you need to give your indoor air quality a helping hand? There are some warning signs to check for which include:
- You need to dust constantly
- There is visible dust being blown through the house
- People in your home have increased respiratory issues
- Your HVAC systems have trouble with your comfort
- You need to change your air filter too frequently
3 Ways to Improve Indoor Air Quality
If you need to clean up the air in your home, this blog post is a great place to start. There isn’t a lot that one person can do to clear the air in their own home. However, the systems and services that we provide can help improve your indoor air quality more than you may realize.
- Air filtration systems: The first place to start is always the air filtration system! This isn’t the same as an HVAC air filter which protects the internal components of your heating or AC unit. Air filtration systems sit in your ductwork where they clean up the air that is being blown into your home. Airflow passes through a series of semipermeable membranes which capture and remove dust motes, dirt, fur, hair, and all kinds of other debris.
- Air purification systems: Another system that can help improve your air quality is an air purification system. These systems use electricity or UV light to clean up the airflow entering your home. Specifically, UV light purifiers are able to help address airborne contaminants like viruses, bacteria, and even mold spores, which helps keep you healthier and improves your comfort level.
- Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers: Last and certainly not least, we can help you balance the humidity in your home with a humidifier or dehumidifier. These systems can add moisture to air that is too dry or take out excess moisture from air that is too humid. These are whole-house systems that are installed in your ductwork as well.
The best way to get started at improving your home’s air quality is by working with a professional technician to get the job done. Whether a new air filter or a helpful humidifier is the answer to your indoor air quality troubles, you can count on our team to help find the right solution for your comfort needs.
Contact the service guys in the purple trucks at Paramount Heating & Air today.