Imagine if you had a source of fresh water for your home but no pipes to deliver it to any of the faucets, showerheads, or toilets. Having a source for something doesn’t go very far unless you have a reliable delivery system. It’s important to remember this when thinking about your ductwork. This is because your ductwork is the delivery system for all of the cold filtered air that your air conditioner produces.
Your ductwork may not be at the forefront of your mind during the summer season but it is important not to forget about it. After all, without your ducts, your air conditioner wouldn’t be of much use. With all that said, we want to take a little time to discuss what you can do to keep your ductwork in working order.
Signs Something is Off With Your Ductwork
First things first, how do you know when something is wrong with your ductwork? Unless you live in a very uniquely styled home, you aren’t likely to see the ductwork that runs through your house. So if you can’t see it, how can you figure out when something is wrong with it? Check for these signs to start with:
- One or more vents is emitting weak airflow.
- You can see dust coming from the vents in the house.
- Your energy bills are increasing.
- You can hear hissing or whistling noises in certain parts of the house.
If you notice any of these problems, it is a good idea to reach out to a professional team like ours to get things checked out. We provide duct testing services that allow us to assess the state of your ductwork so we can determine how best to address the main issues they are battling with.
We Can Keep Your Ducts Working Right
The next question on your mind is probably what duct services in Columbus, OH our team offers that can help address the issues with this part of your home. We are happy to say that our service options are quite comprehensive! We can get your ducts working properly again with:
- Duct cleaning: Did you know that your ducts can collect an impressive amount of debris over time? Your AC filter should be able to capture a majority of the debris in the air that would get into your system otherwise but particles can often slip through. What’s more, if there is a leak or hole in your ducts, it will allow dust and other contaminants into your system as well. After a few years, this can create quite a collection of dirt. With professional duct cleaning, you can get all that buildup cleared out of your ducts to restore full airflow.
- Duct sealing: Leaks or holes in your ducts may not seem like they can do a lot but they are going to prove quite troublesome. For one thing, they allow the filtered and conditioned air that your AC produces to escape into the attic, walls, or crawlspaces in your home, preventing it from ever reaching the desired rooms in the house. Another issue is that they allow dirty, humid, hot air to be pumped into the house, which is the opposite of what you want. It is best to schedule duct sealing with a professional team to address these leaks properly.
Need help with your ductwork? Contact Paramount Heating & Air to schedule your appointment with the service guys in the purple trucks.