Even as we head into spring, we’re still going to see a good amount of cold weather. That means that if you have a heater that is struggling, now is a good time to get started on upgrading your heating system. Even if you aren’t using the system for that much longer, upgrading an aging heater is going to benefit you in the long run.
Let’s say that you have a strong feeling that you need a new heater. What comes next? Well, we’d advise scheduling and assessment and an upgrade performed by a trained professional. This will involve choosing which system you want to have in your home.
We want to help keep you warm. Today, we’ll give you the information you need to start selecting the best system for your heating installation in Newark, OH.
Step 1. Familiarize yourself with your options.
Choosing a heater for your home is made a lot easier when you know what systems you can choose from. Here are three types of heating systems you can consider.
- Gas or all-electric furnaces: Furnaces are extremely powerful. Today’s modern furnaces are more powerful than ever before too. A gas-powered furnace burns natural gas to create heat. An all-electric furnace creates heat through electrical resistance.
- Heat pumps: Heat pumps are another open that many homeowners can consider. These units are ideal for anyone who needs both a new heater and a new AC as a heat pump can do both. Heat pumps can move heat, allowing them to provide effective and highly efficient comfort.
- Ductless systems: No ducts? No problem! A ductless system or ductless heat pump can provide comfort for your home using heat pump technology but without requiring the use of ductwork. These are energy and space-saving systems.
Step 2. Consider the specifics.
Now that you know what some of your options may be, you should look at which system matches your needs best. Here are some of the specifics to consider.
- The size of the space that needs heating. How large is your home? How many floors are there? This is going to inform the size that your heater needs to be to properly heat the house.
- The condition or existence of ductwork. Ducted systems like furnaces require ductwork that’s in good condition. If you don’t have ductwork though you should consider a ductless heating system.
- Whether you have a gas line or not. If you don’t have a gas line, it will take the option of a gas-powered furnace out of your deck. Thankfully, it’s easy to see that other options are available.
Step 3. Get details nailed down with your technician.
After you’re more informed about your system options and how to narrow them down, the best thing to do is talk to a professional technician. They can help you with the final selection of your heating system and will get the installation done right.
Ready to get a new heater installed in your home? Then you should reach out to the service guys in the purple trucks to get started.
Contact Paramount Heating & Air to schedule your next heater installation. We can even help with financing.