Let us ask you a question. When you run your air conditioner do you want it to cool your home at any cost? Or do you want it to cool your home at the best possible cost?
In the first case, you would likely see large fluctuations in your energy bills with high monthly dues. In the second case, you are going to see more predictable monthly electric bills without any negative impact on your home comfort.
Which do you think sounds better?
We would say that the second option is the better one. But how do you achieve that?
If you are looking for a way to get your energy bills under control and keep your air conditioner in prime condition we would like to tell you how and why maintenance for your AC is such a great idea.
What Maintenance Involves
Maintenance is a service that allows an expert technician to check out all the parts of your system and address any small issues they find. This service ensures that the technician can alert you to future repair needs ahead of time. It also gives them a chance to prevent a lot of problems too. Maintenance involves a variety of tasks including:
- Checking refrigerant line and refrigerant pressure
- Checking thermostat calibration
- Checking belts and lubricating if needed
- Checking and changing your HVAC filter
- Tightening loose parts or replacing bad parts
- Cleaning your evaporator coil
These are just some of the many things that our expert technicians do when you book your tune-up with us.
The Great News: Maintenance Minimizes Your Energy Use
Getting air conditioning maintenance in Grove City, OH is going to help your AC system provide great comfort without using extra energy. This means you get to enjoy reliable comfort in your home throughout the summer without having to worry about huge increases in your monthly bills.
Regular yearly maintenance can prevent a drop of up to 5% in your system’s efficiency each year. By the end of your air conditioner’s lifespan, it may have been able to retain up to 95% of its original efficiency level thanks to regular maintenance. That’s great news for you and great news for the planet as our homes become increasingly electricity-dependent.
Other Ways to Minimize Energy Use
Maintenance is vital to the overall well-being of your AC and to keep its energy use reasonable. But we want to help you adopt some other great practices to help you use a little less energy this summer without compromising your comfort.
- Keep windows and doors closed on hot days.
- Keep curtains and blinds closed in rooms that receive a lot of sunlight.
- Use ceiling fans and other fans to help you feel cooler and reduce the work your AC has to do.
- Keep over and stove use to a minimum–this helps keep your home cooler!
- Raise the temperature on the thermostat (we advise 78 during the day for minimal energy use while still keeping things comfortable).
Looking to save energy and enjoy great comfort? Come to Paramount Heating & Air for your AC maintenance, repairs, and more. You can always come to the service guys in the purple trucks.