Heat pumps, also known more formally as heat pump mini splits, are great comfort systems. We tell you this because if you are looking for a system to provide your home with reliable temperature control we’d suggest considering this one. It can provide energy efficiency and some other great perks as well.
If you haven’t heard of these systems before now we’d love to give you some information on what they are capable of and why they may be a good fit for your home. After all, our goal is to make sure you enjoy the best comfort level possible in your home.
5 Fun Facts About Heat Pumps That You Should Know
Okay maybe they are only fun to us but these are still impressive at the very least. Heat pumps are unique in a lot of ways and here’s why:
- They take up less space than a central AC would. Because a heat pump uses an air handler as its indoor unit it takes up far less square footage in your home than a larger system might. This gives you back space in your home without cutting back on your comfort level.
- They can be ducted or ductless. If you don’t have room for ductwork in your house, a heat pump can still be a good solution. This is because heat pumps can either be ducted or ductless. A ductless heat pump uses multiple indoor air handlers to control the temperature and connects to the outdoor unit with refrigerant and condensate lines. Of course, if you do have ductwork, heat pumps can absolutely work with that as well.
- They can provide year-round comfort control. Heat pumps have the unique ability to reverse their flow of refrigerant. In translation, they can pull heat out of your home and dump it outside OR they can pull heat into your home. This means that you get the benefit of two systems in one!
- Heat pumps can be paired with stronger heaters. These systems do have a limitation of how much heat they can pull in on an extremely cold day. If you live in an area with extremely cold weather, you can pair a heat pump with a furnace for a dual fuel system. This means that on days when it gets a little too cold for the heat pump to handle your furnace kicks on and takes care of the rest.
- They are efficient without any loss of effectiveness. Maybe you got a little worried when you read that the systems were smaller in a bit more convenient and then their centralized counterparts. Not to worry, taking up less space does not mean that you were getting any less comfort. Heat pumps are made to provide effective and efficient comfort no matter what.
When you need a team for the installation of your new heat pump, make sure to go with a pro. The experts on our team can provide the services you need, including HVAC maintenance in Columbus, OH, repairs, and more.
For reliable help with your home comfort systems, reach out to the service guys in the purple trucks. Contact Paramount Heating & Air today.